Monday, 25 February 2013

Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for eyes 04 Ample Amber


You Get 3g for £16


Fragrance free



clinique chubby stick for eyes, ample amber, shadow tint


I don't usually get excited about Clinique's new releases, for instance when the chubby lips came out they didn't excite me, I’m not really fond of tinted lip balms. I try not to buy products based on hype but even my Grandma bought one when they came out and loves it (great now I’m thinking of getting some chubby lips as well).   


Anyway when I saw these I got excited. I was interested in the concept, a quick, easy, out the door go kind of product that would require minimal effort. I think I have found it. The packaging is convenient with no need for a sharpener as the stick twists up.

Formula/ texture

The formula is like butter with slip making the product glide on beautifully (probably the silica) and feels like an eye shadow. The pigment is even, so no patchy areas, which you sometimes get with eye shadow that’s not blended properly and the intensity is buildable. There is no chance of fall out and if need be the shadow can be blended to soften the edges. The eye shadow is pearly with a small amount of shimmer which is finely milled.

I have oily lids so I was worried that the shadow would crease easily because of how silky it is, but with primer and a dusting of translucent powder it was fine.

Overall I am happy I bought this, it fits the need of a certain customer. If you aren’t confident with eye shadow or it takes too long to apply then I think you will like this, it’s practical. I do think this is a bit expensive by a few pounds, which was why I decided not to try the chubby lips, I wasn’t going to pay £16 for a tinted lipbalm. Despite this you get 3g of product compared with let’s say a MAC eye shadow which has 1.5g for £12 so you get a good amount of product for the price. I’m going to get my Grandma one for her birthday so I will see what she thinks about the concept.

Would I recommend this to a friend? Yes

As always feel free to let me know what you think.

Jess xx

4 comments:

  1. I think color would be really pretty when blended with other eyeshadows! :)

    http://ahemitsemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just started a beauty blog & i would love it if you check out my blog :)

    xx http://rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been a fan of clinique either but this color looks awesome for every day wear!

    Want to follow each other?
    notanobession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That colour looks gorgeous on you! Maybe I'll try it! (: Feel free to check out my blog and maybe we can follow each other? x

    ReplyDelete